The Eicher tractor plant is situated at Mandideep, near Bhopal in the state of Madhya Pradesh. Situated in the heart of India, the lush green plant is well sculpted with sprawling landscape gardens and flora. With the colorful tractor yard occupying a large portion of the factory premises, the plant presents a vibrant and prismatic view.
The TMTL Engines plant at Alwar, Rajasthan, India, is a perfect example of harmonious co-existence, where engines and Earth are nurtured together. Home to numerous species of birds and trees, the factory serves as the perfect inspiration for engineering eco-friendly and responsible power solutions in the form of diesel engines and generator sets.
The TMTL Transmissions Division operates out of Parwanoo, located is in the picturesque state of Himachal Pradesh, India. The plant manufactures highly durable gears, precision transmission components and camshafts that are largely produced for captive consumption by TMTL.
Research and Development
TMTL has a well-established R&D function operating out of its Mandideep (Bhopal) plant. Staffed with specialist engineers and skilled workforce, the main thrust of the R&D function is sustainability and economic benefit to society and to launch products that meet evolving customer needs by leveraging the most relevant technologies in both products and processes.
TMTL's R&D centre is equipped with modern farm machinery and application engineering capabilities that have successfully brought out a range of cost effective, robust and user-friendly tractors and farm equipment over the last fifty years. Developing a range of both air-cooled and water-cooled tractors, the centre has a strong focus on cost, customer and innovation, with extensive testing and validation facilities.
- Fully networked CAD / CAE environment
- Virtual Design Development Process
- Accelerated testing setup for various aggregates
- Field load data acquisition system
- Strain, vibration and noise measurement system
- Kinematics analysis
- Torture track test setup
- Four Squares and other durability test facilities
- 4WD axle test setup for testing endurance
- Computerized, climate controlled state-of-the-art vehicle dynamometer test facilities
TMTL Engines Division has earned a name for reliability and efficiency in the power generation segment, with an enviable presence in the retail, agro applications and telecom markets, effectively backed by its R&D facility at Alwar, Rajasthan. Equipped with modern infrastructure and machinery dedicated to design, development, testing and validation of products that meet stringent emission norms and regulations, the R&D function of TMTL Engines Division has used efficient engineering as a tool to distinguish its products.
- Dedicated team of specialist engineers
- Air cooled and water cooled engine technology database
- Product database management
- Design verification and optimization through Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and specially developed software
- 3D system / sub-system layout designs
- Fully networked CAD / CAE environment
- Formulation of reliability and accelerated endurance test cycles
- Turbocharged and after cooled engines with latest combustion development tools and after treatment devices for stringent emission controls
- PRO-E & WINDCHILL PDM Link
- ACAD(2007 REL)
- Product strategic plan with QFD
- Project sensitivity and risk analysis
- FMEAS (DFX, DTC and process control plans)
- CAE / FEA analysis for design optimization
- In-house proto development tools
- Field validation and feedback.
- APQP process as per ISO / TS 16949
- Integrated environment and quality policy
- Accelerated endurance, reliability testing and duty cycle simulations
TMTL’s thrust on total quality is organization wide and is aimed at ensuring that TMTL as a corporate entity sets the industry benchmarks for the quality of both products and services. Japanese quality management systems and tools such as 5S, Kanban, Kaizen and Six Sigma find wide application in the company.
Certified by the International Organization for Standardization under ISO 9001 for quality management systems, ISO 14001 for environmental management and ISO 27001 for information security standard, TMTL believes in sustainable growth and high standards of productivity. Responsible, efficient and cost effective operations have helped pass on the benefits to the end-users and customers, who have been relying on TMTL’s products and services, earning it the reputation of being a manufacturer of high quality value-for-money products.
TMTL’s products,with the all new and refreshing Eicher ‘E’ symbol, are a household name in India, and a respected mark of trust in various parts of the world.
With a strong domestic network of dealers and distributors, numerous customers touch points across India and overseas and a highly trained and competent network of sales and service staff and dealer sales and support associates, TMTL and Eicher products are never out of reach. A continually expanding setup ensures increasing reach through a large number of sales, service and spares outlets. Strategically located area offices for every major market support TMTL’s customer outreach efforts. The sales team also facilitates financing of tractors, engines and generator set purchases through networking with banks and other financial institutions.
To ensure product support availability even at the farthest markets, customers are serviced through the nation wide network of dealers apart from specialist parts distributors. TMTL has exclusive service teams distributed among its various area offices to provide additional service support to customers and dealers.
In the international markets where TMTL directly sells its tractors, engines and generator sets, distribution is through large distributors who have their own distribution and product support network.
All dealer service personnel, both domestic and international, are well trained and qualified on usage, servicing and trouble shooting of products through extensive and structured training programs that use a judicious mix of classroom, field and workshop training as well as interactive learning trough specially designed modules and courseware on digital media.